Mr. Witcraft’s Classroom Newsletter
WELCOME 4TH GRADE
I am very excited to have your child in my class this year! This weekly newsletter will keep you informed of what your child is learning in class as well as information on events at school.
ABOUT MR. WITCRAFT
This is the beginning of my 4th year at Selma Elementary School, and I have taught fourth grade each year. I am originally from Connecticut. I graduated in 2006 from Eastern Connecticut State University. I am currently taking classes through East Carolina University as I pursue a Master’s Degree in Special Education.
I married my wife Korie in August 2006 and we have a 1 year-old girl named Adalynn.
REMINDERS TO PARENTS
- Please be sure to get your students school supplies as soon as possible.
- Check your child’s planner each night to review their behavior and homework.
- Check your child’s homework each night. Your child should usually have math, spelling, and reading homework Monday –Thursday.
The first week of school we will be reviewing addition and subtraction with borrowing and regrouping. The next unit will focus on numeration, which includes the 3 forms of numbers (standard numerals, expanded form, and written form) and place value.
We will begin the first nine weeks studying animal adaptations. We will be identifying various adaptations and how they help animals survive.
Wednesday – Tonight you will be finding 3 items small enough to fit into the paper bag that I gave you. These items should help show your teacher and classmates who you are and what interests you.
1. The first item must represent something you love to do.
2. The second item must represent something that makes you especially proud.
3. The last item must represent something that makes you smile or laugh.
4. On the outside of the bag:
a. Write your name in a creative way
b. Write 3 words that best describe you.
c. Draw a picture of yourself doing something you love to do.
Thursday – Math – Practice 2-4 in Workbook
Monday, August 23, 3 – 6 pm
First Day of School
Wednesday, August 25.